May Calendar | Newsletters | Home | Location | Contact Us 

News Around the Clubhouse

2000 Heritage Pines Drive
Cary, NC 27519
Betty Landes, Director
(P) 919-466-0016
(F) 919-466-0014

Heritage Happenings 
Hot Off  The Press

Community Thanks To The Following
Chairpersons and Their Committees :

  • Hospitality - Audrey Duck

  • Library - Fran Drisko

  • Ladies’ Luncheon - Millie Anderson

  • Bentonville - Mert Sirota

  • SAS concert - Al & Marge Roos

  • Mens’ Breakfasts - Joe Lacenere - April 12


The HP Community Association will host a meeting of all residents Wednesday, April 27, 6:30 PM in the Clubhouse to discuss a
proposal to install traffic calming
devices, specifically speed humps, along Heritage Pines Drive. The meeting is designed to allow you to voice your concerns and to ask questions regarding the use of speed humps in this community. Dick Moore and Julie Green,
engineers from the Town of Cary, will be on hand to discuss the
conceptual plan for Heritage Pines Drive, the traffic survey completed in January ’05, and to share their experiences with the use of speed humps in other Cary communities.

Even though you may not live on Heritage Pines Drive, it is important for you to attend this meeting and become knowledgeable about the
proposal. The town normally
requests signatures from at least 70% of the community to support the originating petition to the Town Council to gain approval.

If the plan is approved, the Town of Cary will pay approximately 75% of the cost of the speed humps and the developers, K Hovnanian and Lennar Homes, have agreed to pay the remaining 25% of the cost.


Come join your neighbors for the Heritage Pines Annual Memorial Day celebration on Monday, May 30, 2005 at 9:00 am in front of the clubhouse, weather permitting– Indoors if raining. Donuts and coffee will be served following the program. Veterans, please bring photos of you in your uniform to the office by noon, 5/16. You may also bring pictures of relatives if you are not a veteran. For more information, call
Travis Thompson or Nancy White.

In honor of all mothers, the men of Heritage Pines will be hosting a ladies’ breakfast on Friday, May 20, 2005. The two seatings will be 8:30 and 10. The cost is $3.00 per lady. If any
gentlemen can volunteer to help,
contact Bob Hodes. The menu
includes scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes and fresh fruit. Seating is limited so sign up soon. The deadline is 5/9 at noon.

A community yard sale will be held on Saturday, 5/21 from 7:30-12 noon at each homeowner’s property. Mary Hodes is the chair and there will be a shared fee for balloons, signs and advertising.


HP Homeowner
Board Members

Emmett Waller

Fran Drisko

These elected homeowners represent you with the Heritage Pines Board and the community.

Library Helpers:


Bus Book

Wednesday, 5/25, 1:00 pm, sign-up pages in clubhouse.

New Neighbors
  • Wanda Fraizer
  • Louise & William Reinders
  • Diane & Milton Miskew
  • Arthur & Marianne Heaton
  • Alice & Harvey Gunther
Thinking of You

Harriet Goldstein
Mary Norris
Anne French
Joan Wark


Wedding Anniversaries

 4-Dave & Doris Manning
10-Wiley & Mickey Nance
11-Dave & Barbara Harcharic
13-Ivan & Blanche Bahamonde
15-Bill & Alice White
18-Don & Audrey Duck
19-Dick & Vickie Shannon
21-Drew & Judy Smith
23 Tarvy & Mary Giannuzzi
25-Joe & Angie Lacenere

  • Joan & Bill Wark on the birth of their fifth grandchild,
    Andrew William Jon Wark on March 8th.
  • Ingeborg O’Connor on the birth
    of her second grandchild,
    Nicholas Patrick Goellner on April 15th.
May Birthdays

1-Joan Wark
2-Susan Berkowitz
2-AnaMarie Melling
2-Pat Schneider
3-Micky Brescia
4-Sandy Giovino
7-Norma Curran
8-Betty Morgan
13-Steve Dzuba
14-Paul Bowker
14-Marianne Heaton
14-Dinesh Kachalia

17-Angie DeVita
19-Ed Eagle
20-Bob Woessner
20-George Zevgolis
21-Blanche Bahamonde
24-Joan Ward
25-Harvey Schneider
29-Don Duck
30- Lou DeCellis
31-Mary Hodes
From Hospitality Chair:

Hospitality Chairman for: May - Marge Hellkamp
If you know of anyone in the neighborhood who is in need of care or concern, please contact Marge.

Around the Clubhouse 

Click on an image for a larger version to appear in a new browser window. 
When done, close the new browser window to return to this page.

Give a Warm Heritage Pines Welcome to Our New Neighbors

Wanda Fraizer
Louise & William Reinders
Diane & Milton Miskew
Arthur & Marianne Heaton
Alice & Harvey Gunther
Line Dancers (Katharina Megger, Sue Brescia, Marianne Hannan, Sandy Ramsey, Gloria Madigan and Alice Cassimatis) pose before heading to Spring Arbor to share their talents with others.
Book club members Linda Thompson, Eileen Fitzgerald, ClareCady and Susan Berkowitz enjoy a beautiful day on the deck.
Laury Holley and Angela Ham came to inspect the pool before they begin teaching aquacise in May. Give a warm welcome to
Angela, a certified aquatic specialist, who will be teaching classes on Mondays and

Fran Drisko’s award winning bird house